Pages - Menu

6/9/09

Collaborations


So, starting by this month I have a little collaboration with CHIERIOGGI, a local magazine of the (small) city where I live ... I say so, as if nothing had happened ... BUT I'M SOOOO HAPPY! As the wise ones say, even in the longest journey the most important thing is the first step, and this is my first step in terms of newspapers and magazines!

When they asked me to write this article I had one thought: summer is not the best season to stay around the cook stuff! So I started to think again and again.... et voilà: two simple recipes but very tasty, fresh, which do not require long hours at the stove: the "pasta alla crudaiola" and "tuna & peppers".




PASTA ALLA CRUDAIOLA

The first time I tasted it cooked by my dad, while he was living for business near Bari (Puglia, in the south of Italy); I was fifteen when I went there but I perfectly remember: the house near the sea with garden and sunny terrace, the Favonio (other name of Fohn, an hot wind) which forced everyone in the house with closed windows with the only shelter of the cool shadows of the rooms. The sea quite rough and turbulent, with its carpet of algae that always gave me a nasty sensation under the feet ... this recipe makes me think about the smells and tastes of those days, despite the years gone! I remembered this dish a few years ago while trying to avoid another "caprese" salad or ham and melon! So I asked my dad to help my memory and this is what I ate.

Ingredients (4 people)

3-4 ripe tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
1 basil bunch
seasoned "ricotta" cheese
extra virgin olive oil
red pepper, salt.

Cut the tomatoes into cubes and put in a bowl. Add a whole clove of garlic (if you want you can remove it before dressing pasta), a few leaves of basil chopped with fingers, grated ricotta. Dress it with extra-virgin olive oil, red pepper and a pinch of oregano, salt.
Leave it a few hours in refrigerator, stirring occasionally to mix well the different scents. One hour before eating pull out the bowl from the refrigerator. Once drained pasta is into the bowl, stir well, add in some more ricotta and serve immediately.




TUNA & PEPPERS

I've stolen to my mother-in-law this recipe and I discovered that is a quite typical Piedmontese appetizer. It's easy to prepare and you can eat it all year; in summer is good on bruschetta as a prelude to a great barbecue!

Ingredients

1 kg of red and yellow peppers
1/4 glass of white wine
1/4 glass of wine vinegar
1/4 glass fingers of extra virgin olive oil
2 whole cloves of garlic
4-5 anchovy fillets
1 tablespoon of capers
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 bunch of parsley
2 tins of tuna
salt

cut the red and yellow peppers in small pieces (if you decide to put them on bruschette smaller is better!).
Put them in a pot and add in the white wine, vinegar and the oil; add the peeled cloves of garlic, anchovy fillets, capers, a teaspoon of sugar and salt.
Mix well and cook on a lively fire for 15-20 minutes (the peppers should not be too soft). In the last minutes of cooking add chopped parsley and two little tins of tuna.
Let it cool down and serve with toasted bread or as a simple appetizer.

I like these dishes for their simplicity and colours... I like them because they're a source of pleasant and fragrant memories... and finally I like them because they're so good in pictures... after all I am a photographer!
Buon appetito!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    Such lovely pictures and recipes...I am DEFINITELY going to try these!
    I am soooo happyy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm... tuna and peppers sounds perfect! I'm going to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to make the first one this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your recipes! I'm going to try the tuna and peppers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all :)) I'm happy that you like and Polly... sorry for the anchovies... here we use them a lot!! But if you don't use doesn't matter! They're still good!
    Tulsa you're sooooooo kind! :)
    Liz! How are you? This pasta is really really good. Tell me if you liked it!
    Seaside what about the little CHAR DO NAAAY?
    Hope he likes tuna ;)
    Kisses to everybody!! Good night

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations! i am happy for you and this "little collaboration"...

    ReplyDelete
  7. these dishes sound just delicious - i love it when you post recipes! and your photos are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ beyond: thanks! hope it's only the beginning :))

    @ kristina: I'm very happy that you love my recipes... but sometimes you must tell me if you tried them... and if you liked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done and congratulaitons :-)

    best wishes
    ribbon

    ReplyDelete