Pages - Menu

6/4/09

Fil rouge (3)



It calls to me... from the deep of a virtual drawer this work is calling to me... it's time to pander this, to pander this desire for creativity! So I took this picture of an old lantern bought by my mother-in-law in London, during a journey she made when she was 16. Originally it was black and now tells stories... eyes looking around in the darkness, to watch the rest of a city; a stationmaster controlling a train before its leaving in the dawn; it swings hung to a cart that carry fresh fish to the marketplace... or hung to the boat that's trying to fish at night in the dark, dark sea... Find its place in the world and bring it back to a new life!!

7 comments:

  1. I love the lantern and the colour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning lantern. I can imagine it on a steamy platform of King's Cross... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I can't remember if I already said this, but I love your rouge pictures! Well, I love all your pictures, but you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :) Maybe one of these days I can collect all the pictures on flickr... Let you know soon! It's good to have a place where you can share all your pics!
    Have a beautiful weekend :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great photo! Love the red of the lantern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you B.! And thanks for visiting :))

    ReplyDelete