Pages - Menu

6/17/09

Vegetables miniquiche

I know, the thought of the oven with this hot weather (well, here's hot!) is terrible, but something I must cook...




Here a dish I prepare to finish the left vegetables! In a pan with a little oil I put some sliced onion, one carrot and one zucchino sliced in rounds. I add in some string beans (alrealdy boiled for a salad), cut into pieces. While the vegs are cooking I prepare “creme royale” with 3 whole eggs, cream, Parmigiano cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg then I slice the pastry for the little moulds. I put the vegetables on the pastry with one or two fresh tomatoes cut into cubes then cover with creme royale. In the pre-heated oven (220°C) for 15-20 minutes. The “little monsters” love these quiche a lot so these pies became “official supplying of vegetables for children who doesn’t love vegetables” lol!!
In these pies you can put everything you like, they’re very tasty; besides they’re a good opportunity to finish left vegetables!!




7 comments:

  1. Actually, it's very cool and rainy here today so I'll be happy to take a plate of miniquiches. YUMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good! And it's not that hot here, so I'll have a bite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of making little ones which is so much more suitable for our tiny dinner table...Thank you for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exactly what I needed, a recipee for something to do with leftovers. I hate throwing food away and am always on the look-out for this kind of stuff. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your food posts always make me hungry. They sound and look so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all! Thanks for all your visits! I'm happy to see that you like these miniquiches.
    @ liz: well so the oven is not a problem :)
    @ kristina*: really tasty I assure you this!
    @ B: only here I must die with hot??? uff :))
    @ tulsa: oh, little ones are very nice! happy to give some ideas!!
    @ polly: I hate this thing to throw the food away too so I always look for some way to re-use it! this is one of the most tasty!
    @ seaside: I'm happy they make you hungry, this is their aim!!!
    See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete